So many updates that we can’t keep track of them. So these release notes will do for Kiwix-Android 3.3.2/3 and 4.
- You can now control text zoom with a pinch!
- Better flow for hosting content with your phone or tablet as a hotspot;
- We rewrote the bookmarks/History internals;
- And updated translations.
- Search results were inaccurate when typing too quickly;
- New zim scheme for addressing content;
- Native memory leaks fixed;
- Fixed crash on returning to webview from search result;
- Some zim files could not be found after downloading;
- Fullscreen videos were not displaying;
- Urls containing “?” were not loading properly;
- Notifications were erroneously allowing the user to pause a download;
- Urls with “#” anchors now load to the correct portion of the page;
- Save Media on long click was not working
- And a lot more.
The app will update automatically, but you can also get Kiwix for Android straight from the Google Playstore. More importantly, you can become a beta-tester: simply sign-up here and you’ll get releases at least a week ahead of everyone. And should you spot any new problem flag it on GitHub.