So besides being the worst pun of the year for a blog title, there is an actual release of a Kiwix-JS extension for Edge, the new Microsoft browser with a cool logo. It also comes with the update for Kiwix-JS 2.8, that also works on Firefox and Chrome.
- Intelligently select the best Storage API for storing settings between sessions;
- Display title search results progressively instead of waiting for search to complete before displaying them;
- User can change depth of title search from Configuration.
- Better handling of case in title search, returning more accurate search results;
- Use const to declare constants, enabling better app memory management;
- Use SameSite=Strict for any residual cookie usage to conform to new security standards;
- Major blocking bug causing high memory usage and slow load times when reading MIME type table of recent ZIM archives: now fixed.